Hello people, welcome back! Here we discuss a python program which finds whether a given number is a prime number or composite number or neither of them.
Definition: A number which is greater than 1 is said to prime if it has no other factors other than 1 and itself. The numbers 0 and 1 are neither prime nor composite. And remaining all numbers are composite numbers.
Prime or Composite – Code Visualization
To find whether a number is prime or composite number.
- Read input number using
- Check if num is greater than 1.
- Find factors
- Run a for loop ranging from 2 to the num entered.
- check if num divided by any number gives a remainder 0.
- if it gives a remainder of 0, the number is not a prime number.
- if not, the number is a prime number.
- If number entered is either 0 or 1, we say that the number is neither prime nor composite number.
- All other numbers are composite numbers.
- Print the result.
num = int(input("Enter any number : "))
if num > 1:
for i in range(2, num):
if (num % i) == 0:
print(num, "is NOT a prime number")
print(num, "is a PRIME number")
elif num == 0 or 1:
print(num, "is a neither prime NOR composite number")
print(num, "is NOT a prime number it is a COMPOSITE number")