Hello people, I am back here to discuss how to find the factorial of a given number.
Generally, a factorial on a given number is given by calculating its product with all the numbers below it.
Factorial is represented as `!`
For Example : 4! = 4 * 3 * 2 * 1 = 24
Master the basics of data analysis in Python. Expand your skillset by learning scientific computing with numpy.
To find factorial of a given number.
- Read the input number for which the factorial is to be found using
- Check whether the input number is negative and show an appropriate message
- If the number entered is 0, print factorial as 1
- When the entered number is a positive integer and greater than 1, initialize a variable factorial as 1 then run a for loop from 1 to the number+1
- Calculate the factorial as factorial * i
- Print the result
Factorial – Code Visualization
num = int(input("Enter a number: ")) factorial = 1 if num < 0: print("Please enter a positive integer") elif num == 0: print("The factorial of 0 is 1") else: for i in range(1, num + 1): factorial *= i print("The factorial of", num, "is", factorial)